The Metropolitan Museum of Art is incredible. Lesson learned: next time I'll take at least half a day to see everything I want to and not sprint to a lunch meeting.
So no, I'm not back in NYC this week; this is a retrospective comic from my trip in July (featuring @passingfair!). I have a BUNCH of comic ideas from the past year that I'll be going back to complete retroactively -- look forward to those! :D
What have I been up to since coming back to Portland at the end of July?
- I scanned and edited alllllllll of my Europe sketchbooks for publication - issues 1 and 2 are out now!! More coming soon.
- I had an art show to promote Sarah Mirk's new book, which I drew illustrations for
- I did a few solid weeks of commercial storyboarding/illustration work (much needed and appreciated!)
- I resumed work on a project with a friend and posted this little teaser for it:
- I was a guest at Boise Library Comic Con (which was a BLAST!)
- I took a short vacation to Central Oregon with some comics friends
- I helped out on Abigail Baird and Matthew Melis's "Aerial Animation" project (featured on America's Got Talent!)
- I met with my publisher about my next graphic novel
- I ate a LOT of Mexican food
- I did my taxes X_X
- I've been appreciating family/friends time after a year away. Lots of movies/dinners/coffee/drinks
- I've been continuing to sketch, trading Parisians for Portlanders:
I'll post again ASAP with more! Thanks for reading :D